[unbound] memory usage

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Sat Mar 16 03:47:24 UTC 2024

Hi,
We had some memory issues here with unbound after a Debian update with a
new kernel.
It was a (well known) transparent_hugepage issue. Changed it from enabled
to madvise, problem fixed.

You might maybe (or maybe not) hit the same issue?
Check https://access.redhat.com/solutions/46111

And maybe just check for yourself right now on runtime:
echo madvise > /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/enabled
echo madvise > /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/defrag

then restart unbound...

--
*Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont
établis à l’intention exclusive des destinataires désignés. Il contient des