how to avoid logging IP addresses completely?

Christoph cm at appliedprivacy.net
Mon Sep 4 10:42:37 UTC 2023

Hi,

we would like to avoid logging sensitive information like qnames and IPs
(verbosity is set to 0) but we still get log entries like these in our logs:

error: udp connect failed: Invalid argument for ::ffff:x.x.x.x port 53
error: read (in tcp s): Bad file descriptor for x.x.x.x port 53
error: read (in tcp s): Connection reset by peer for x.x.x.x port 53

is there a way to disable them or get IPs redacted without disabling
logging completely?

thanks,
Christoph