CacheDB and TTL

Yorgos Thessalonikefs yorgos at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Mar 25 20:37:43 UTC 2024

Hi Bruno,

TTL 0 is explicitly returned for expired items in the external cache.
This means that 'serve-expired: yes' needs to be configured, otherwise
those items are not used.

Unbound will refuse to start if the connection to the external cache
cannot be established.
However, during operation if the connection drops, Unbound will silently
ignore lookup and store operations to the external cache until the
connection is up again.

I am not sure which version you are using, but what I described is true
for the latest version at least.

Best regards,
-- Yorgos