Fwd: [unbound] memory usage

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Sat Mar 16 15:09:38 UTC 2024

Actually on debian we use the standardly available sysfsutils, which I
recommend for this (and which is available in Redhat, too) ; it is the
equivalent for /sys than sysctl is for /proc:

1) install sysfsutils either with apt install or dnf install

2) config the stuff:
echo "kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/enabled = madvise" >
/etc/sysfs.d/transparent_hugepage.conf
echo "kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/defrag = madvise" >>
/etc/sysfs.d/transparent_hugepage.conf
systemctl enable sysfsutils.service

3) either reboot or just restart the services including unbound:
systemctl restart sysfsutils.service
systemctl restart unbound.service

That's it, the conf will survive reboot and updates.

--
*Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont
établis à l’intention exclusive des destinataires désignés. Il contient des