A records, PTR records, and TTL setting

Jon Murphy jcmurphy26 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 17:18:23 UTC 2024

Interesting - I will give it a try.  I don’t know why I included the `IN`.  I think I found an example and copied it!

I found I could remove the TTL and that led to my question concerning the default TTL or 3600.

Thank you for the response!

Jon

> On Jan 10, 2024, at 7:37 AM, RayG <rgsub1 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> I think you have the format wrong:
>
> unbound-control.exe" local_data deb12dell.localdomain 60 A 192.168.60.175
>
> unbound-control.exe" local_data 192.168.60.175.in-addr.arpa. 60 PTR deb12dell.localdomain
>
> Works for me.

>>> 175.60.168.192.in-addr.arpa. 60 IN PTR deb12dell.localdomain.
>>> deb12dell.localdomain. 60 IN A 192.168.65.180