[BUG] Unbound DNS Resolver in pfsense 2.7.0 Firewall Stops Working After a Few Weeks

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming tdtemccnp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 14:13:27 UTC 2023

Subject: [BUG] Unbound DNS Resolver in pfsense 2.7.0 Firewall Stops
Working After a Few Weeks

Good day from Singapore,

Recently, I experienced my Unbound DNS resolver in pfsense 2.7.0
firewall stopped working after a few weeks.

The workarounds that I have implemented are:

[1] Reboot the entire pfsense firewall appliance

OR

[2] Change the DNS servers on my computer to Google DNS servers
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Is there any way to solve the bug to prevent Unbound dns resolver from
stopping to work after a few weeks?

Hopefully I don't need to reboot my pfsense firewall appliance every few weeks.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
GIMP also stands for Government-Induced Medical Problems.