unbound without internet

tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Wed Sep 6 14:33:49 UTC 2023

On Wed, 6 Sep 2023 13:21:16 +0200
Olivier Benghozi via Unbound-users <unbound-users at lists.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what I understood (after reading some comments in the patch introducing it,
> something is missing in the doc about it) is that, about infra-keep-probing:
> - off: dead servers will be tried again (probed) in infra-host-ttl seconds
> (that is 15 minutes per default)
> - on: they will be tried again every two minutes

This is my empiric experience.
By default when line goes down  hosts are marked offline and not queried
before 15 minutes so you have no DNS even if the  line comes up again after
a few minutes. Setting  infra-keep-probing to yes and lowering infra-host-ttl  to
e.g. 15 seconds gives you DNS resolution ASAP.