A records, PTR records, and TTL setting

marki unbound-users at lists.roth.lu
Mon Dec 25 01:33:37 UTC 2023

You don't add devices. DNS does not know what a "device" is. It's like a phonebook, it assigns names to numbers and doesn't care if some live in the same house or not.

What is the proper way? I explained it. Usually, the proper way is to avoid assigning different IP addresses to the same name.

In your specific case, use names like
Deb12dell-eth0 <-> ip1
Deb12dell-eth1 <-> ip2
Make the names unique.

I think DNS may be treated in networking forums.  Unbound is an implementation of a dns server, besides bind and many others. Once you know what you want to do with DNS, only then can you choose what server you want to use, and then find out how to configure it. You may be doing this the wrong way by trying to configure a server without understanding the protocol.