Two unbound instances and filtering AAAA record

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at bkoty.ru
Fri Dec 15 06:45:39 UTC 2023

Hello,
I tried to adapt the scheme described here

   https://lists.nlnetlabs.nl/pipermail/unbound-users/2018-January/005057.html

but it seems I did something wrong, as I couldn't get it to work.

I configured the "filter" instance with the following settings:
```
server:
         port: 10053
         include: "/etc/unbound/ipv4/public-address.conf"
         chroot: "/etc/unbound/ipv4"
         directory: "/etc/unbound/ipv4"
         private-address: ::/0
         trust-anchor-file: "/etc/unbound/ipv4/trusted-key.key"
python:
dynlib:
remote-control:
```
and added the following lines to the "main" instance:
```
forward-zone:
   name: "isu.bkoty.ru"
   forward-addr: ::1 at 10053
   forward-addr: 127.0.0.1 at 10053
```

When I run
```
$ dig -p 10053 isu.bkoty.ru @::1
```
I get the expected result, but I get nothing (empty result) when run
```
$ dig isu.bkoty.ru
```

When I remove the "forward-zone" settings from the "main" instance, the above
command returns the result.

Am I missing something crucial here?

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Magpie, n.:
	A bird whose theivish disposition suggested to someone that it