Poisoned cache?

Felipe Gasper felipe at felipegasper.com
Sun May 29 00:49:17 UTC 2022

> On May 26, 2022, at 18:50, Havard Eidnes <he at uninett.no> wrote:
>
>> 	I'm seeing libunbound query results differ depending on cache
>> results for an improperly-configured domain.  I'm wondering what
>> options are available to mitigate this.
>
> "Fix the improperly configured domain?" :)

Alas, we don’t control the domain. Its misconfiguration is causing our SSL-provisioning logic to misbehave, though.

I’d love to find some sort of reusable code I could deploy to nag domain owners about such things, but thus far I’ve not found any. Kind of surprising given the proliferation of web-based DNS-integrity checkers.

Anyhow, thank you!

cheers,
-Felipe