Trying to find out why my unbound will not resolve www.startpuntgeldzaken.nl (1.13.1)

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Thu May 6 13:48:36 UTC 2021

On May 6, 2021, at 09:44, Gerben Wierda via Unbound-users <unbound-users at lists.nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> That is also a good option. It really surprised me as I did not know that TCP was a hard requirement for queries. In my old know how, TCP was for zone transfers, but not for queries, but I admit I never dove into it extremely deep. Naive, no, but lacking knowledge, yes (those are not the same...).

This seems like a good opportunity to recommend this document, which was written precisely to address this kind of thing from an operational perspective:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-07

I'm sure the authors would welcome feedback if you have any. It's a good read, even if you don't :-)

Joe