Unbound logging Client IP Address

Unbound unbound at tacomawireless.net
Mon Jul 12 19:59:09 UTC 2021

On 2021-07-12 12:27, Marek Abram via Unbound-users wrote:
> Is there a way to force Unbound to log Client IP address and how can I
> filter the
> unbound.log to see only the specific Client IP requests?
> I could not find a way to do that.
As to Filtering your log:
grep -F <Client IP address> /path/to/unbound/log
should provide every line with the Client IP your searching for.
You could even direct it's output to a file and preferred location:
grep -F <Client IP address> /path/to/unbound/log
 >/path/to/preferred/location/file.name

NOTE: <Client IP address> (above) should be changed to the dotted quad (or
IPv6 IP) of
the IP address your looking for.

HTH

--Chris