RPZ Reputable Providers

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Mon Aug 30 20:11:45 UTC 2021

On Mon Aug 30, 2021 at 7:47 PM UTC, Marek Abram via Unbound-users wrote:

> I am curious what reputable RPZ providers/sources do you guys use for
> unbound?

i use one from $dayjob, but it is not free, so i won't mention it here.

i think almost all of us have been burned by trying to give something
away to make the world safer, only to see it commercialized without any
backflow toward its own sustainability (which means, towards us). this
may not be a good era for the community pub-sub model embraced by RPZ.

> I find that many "free" RPZ files on the net are just converted files
> and do not really provide proper RPZ header with refresh intervals.

yes, that's the norm right now. streamed policy is a newish thing. we'd
like to keep https://dnsrpz.info/ up to date, so if anybody knows of an
RPZ implementation or feed that isn't listed there, please contact us at
<hostmaster at dnsrpz.info>.

vixie