Failing to reload with - can't bind socket: Address already in use for 127.0.0.1 port 953

Unbound unbound at tacomawireless.net
Tue Apr 27 19:18:48 UTC 2021

On 2021-04-27 09:43, Mark Abram via Unbound-users wrote:
> When trying to use unbound-control -c /opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound.conf
> reload
> command I get an error (unbound -dd)
>
> ​error: can't bind socket: Address already in use for   127.0.0.1
> (http://127.0.0.1)   port 953
>

> ​Checking netstat and there is nothing running on port 953 but Unbound,
> however in
> the unbound log I see this message when unbound is trying to reload:
>
> ​fatal error: Could not read config file: /unbound/unbound.conf. Maybe try
> unbound -dd
Puzzling. Unbound told you how to find out how to fix this but you won't do
it
( Maybe try unbound -dd ) eg; unbound -dd

> ​It seems that even if I supply -c flag to unbound-control, unbound is
> trying to
> load wrong file. Ant ideas what maybe wrong with this config?
>
> ​unbound-control start|stop even if I done specify -c works just fine.
>

> ​remote-control:
>
> control-enable: yes
>
> control-use-cert: no
>
> control-interface:   127.0.0.1 (http://127.0.0.1)
>
> control-port: 953
>
> server-key-file: "/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound_server.key"
>
> server-cert-file: "/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound_server.pem"
>
> control-key-file: "/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound_control.key"
>
> control-cert-file: "/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound_control.pem"
Why is unbound looking in /unbound/ for the conf file when you have
everything in: /opt/var/lib/unbound/ ?
chroot maybe? If unbound is chrooted. You should probably have
everything in the conf file in /opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound.conf
and ONLY have:
include: "/opt/var/lib/unbound/unbound.conf"
in: /unbound/unbound.conf

DO have a look at the unbound man page, as well as the other
accompanying docs. :-)