Unbound 1.7.0rc1 pre-release

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Tue Mar 6 22:32:45 UTC 2018

Am 06.03.2018 um 11:02 schrieb W.C.A. Wijngaards via Unbound-users:
> Unbound 1.7.0rc1 maintainers prerelease is available
Hello Wouter,

the feature list sounds promising!
3 points:

1.
contrib/fastrpz.patch apply but not without additional help from patch
I have a "fixed" version that apply without warnings. -> attached

also I received 2 warnings from quilt, the tool to manage patch stacks in Debian,
while preparing this fastrpz.patch
Warning: trailing whitespace in line 1390 of daemon/worker.c
Warning: trailing whitespace in line 879 of services/cache/dns.c

2.
since some months I use a patch that log keytag queries generated by unbound to support trustanchor signaling.
It's a simple change but it helped us a lot to identify hosts not using the new KSK-2017
-> log_trust-anchor-signaling.patch

(I wish, NSD could log such queries, too)

3.
Debian lintian warn about "allow to" should be written as "allow one to"
-> spelling-error-in-manpage.patch

That's only from packaging, tommorow I'll /install/ the new version...

Andreas