Filter AAAA records within a specific zone

Dave Warren dw at thedave.ca
Sat Jan 6 22:05:46 UTC 2018

Howdy!

Is there a way to have unbound filter/block AAAA records from being
returned from a specific zone?

It seems like BIND might allow this using the filter-aaaa-on-v6
directive, I'm looking for something similar in Unbound.

The underlying issue is that we've recently added HE's IPv6 tunnelbroker
to our network, but certain services *cough*Netflix*cough* reject
traffic sent through a HE tunnel. I'm looking for a way to force problem
services through IPv4 and it seems like one possible approach would be
to limit their domains from retrieving AAAA records.