Cannot get Unbound or PowerDNS running on Alpine Linux 3.6.2

Tao Effect contact at taoeffect.com
Thu Nov 30 06:16:31 UTC 2017

Dear list,

I've been trying to get either Unbound or PowerDNS running on Alpine Linux 3.6.2 for the past ~48 hours with no luck.

I've tried everything, and have posted logs from Unbound and PowerDNS, as well as some snapshots of network traffic using the "ss" alpine tool here:

https://forum.alpinelinux.org/forum/networking/no-dns-server-working-alpine-362 <https://forum.alpinelinux.org/forum/networking/no-dns-server-working-alpine-362>

I've searched several search engines for similar issues and have found a few threads with people experiencing similar errors, but nothing that contains a fix for the problem.

Any help, any help at all, is very much appreciated!

- Greg