unicode request blocking

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Apr 22 19:31:37 UTC 2017

See https://archive.icann.org/en/meetings/saopaulo/presentation-IDN-tutorial-03dec06.pdf

> What do you mean with "mixing scripts and domain bundling" ?

Mixing a Cyrillic "c" in a latin alphabet will very hard for humans to
distinguish from a Latin "c", so this must be disallowed, or at the
very least end up at the same Registrant.

For domain bundling, see https://cira.ca/assets/Documents/Legal/IDN/faq.pdf

It means that since I have registered "nohat.ca", no one but me can
register "nohâts.ca". These names come in a "bundle" to the same
Registrant only.

Paul