Flags?

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Fri May 27 09:19:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

Unbound sets a number of very useful flags after it has completed a
query, to check the security status.  But there are a few places where
I'm unsure what to check, and in what order.  For instance, the security
of not having found any data or domain.

Is there anywhere I can find something like

When set   |  Then reset
-----------+-----------------
Secure     | Bogus, Nxdomain
Bogus      | Secure, Nxdomain

Or, alternatively,

Resultant state     | Secure | Bogus | Nxdomain
happy               |    0   |   1   |    0
extatic             |    1   |   0   |    0

This could help us determine in what order to probe flags, and whether
there may be flavours of Nxdomain, for instance.

I hope I didn't miss any of the documentation!

Cheers,
 -Rick