local stubs not served when internet down

Tor Perkins unbound23 at noid.net
Sat Jun 25 16:15:17 UTC 2016

Thanks Yuri!

I just had a chance to test with the setting of:

  module-config: "iterator"

... and that made the difference.  Unbound was indeed able to resolve
local stubs even when the internet connection was down.

As I recall, when first configuring unbound, I searched this file:

  unbound/doc/example.conf.in

... for the string of 'DNSSEC' to see what the relevant settings were
and I notice now that the commentary for the 'module-config' setting
does not include that string.  The man page [unbound.conf(5)] does
(I should have searched there too)...

Thanks for the replies from everyone!

- Tor