Porting Unbound to MXE

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Thu Jun 23 09:02:33 UTC 2016

Hi Wouter / others,

We're trying to include Unbound into MXE, a cross-platform toolkit for
Windows, http://mxe.cc
Just like the KDE folks, we see this as a good way to roll out our
software to that platform.

The documentation online on how to compile Unbound for Windows is
limited, so we're a bit
confused how to do this.  Basically, MXE is an environment with a gcc
cross-compiler and
lots of prebuilt crossover libraries.  Usually we override variables
like CC, AR, LD to
get things built.

But Unbound is difficult, and appears to have lots of Windows-specifics
built in.  Can you
perhaps give some guidance on mapping the software?

(I'm Cc'ing Henri, who is doing this for us.)

Thanks,
 -Rick