Question on Unbound logging Best Practices

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Wed Jun 15 10:29:23 UTC 2016

j dubbz via Unbound-users:

> - I suppose this might be determined by the log verbosity, so with
> verbosity: 1 or verbosity: 3, etc..  how does this come into play?

we use
   do-daemonize: no
   logfile: ""
   log-queries: yes
   val-log-level: 2

that let unbound log the queries on stdout which is fine for our low volume.
We run unbound supervised by cr.yp.to/daemontools.html. There stdout
of one process is feed into
a separate, other process "multilog". That one is configured to write
logs of fixed size and number
to /dev/shm. So we have a small ammount of "the current and last
queries" accessible.

Andreas