unbound generating too many log messages

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Tue Jan 19 16:35:11 UTC 2016

Taylor R Campbell <campbell+unbound at mumble.net> writes:
> That's irrelevant to the issue Philippe raised.  The network is not
> always available, no matter how well you configure your system or
> engineer your software.  The problem here is that when the network is
> down, Unbound spews junk to its log as fast as it can.

Define "down"; as far as I know, this message should only occur when no
interface is configured at all, or there is a configured interface but
no default route.  So a quick hack is to set the initial default gateway
to a random address in 127/8, or set the initial address on one of your
NICs to something in the DHCP fallback range (169.254.0.0/16) and your
initial default gateway to 169.254.0.1.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no