Stub zone behavior

Mike Brown mike at skew.org
Wed Dec 21 14:12:51 UTC 2016

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 02:12:36PM +0100, Ralph Dolmans via Unbound-users wrote:
> The stub- and forward-zone clauses look fine. You could run
> "unbound-control list_stubs" to verify that the stub from your config is
> loaded into Unbound.

Interesting; thanks. It looks like my stub configs are not being read.

After poring over my config files again, now I see the problem. It was a silly
mistake; I didn't name my stub zone config files correctly. They need to end
with .conf in order to be picked up by the
"include: /var/unbound/conf.d/*.conf" line in unbound.conf.

I fixed the names and that took care of it, although now for some reason when
I do the "unbound-control reload", I get an extra message: "error: cannot
chdir to directory: (No such file or directory)"

It doesn't seem to hurt anything, but does it indicate a problem on my end?
The message apparently originates in util/configparser.y when processing
includes.