Fwd: DNS Filter

Matt Nelson unbound at silverark.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 21:53:02 UTC 2016

I'm currently building a DNS filtering service using Unbound and a
Python module. My service should only respond to IP addresses that are
listed in a database; these can be added dynamically. Is there a way of
existing out of the python module so that nothing is sent back to the
client if their IP isn't in the list?

I have already got the users IP address, and have written some code to
check it against the databse. My issue is that if the IP doens't exit
then all I can do is set "qstate.ext_state[id] = MODULE_ERROR" which
will return a "status: SERVFAIL". Is there a way of returning nothing at
all?