unbound and systemd

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed Oct 14 07:12:53 UTC 2015

Hi Sami,

The patch looks very nice.  I would like to include contrib items that
make systemd integration easier.  The code patches are well written.

I would like to incorporate them (with some changes, like not
installing the systemd integration from the Makefile, but having the
packager pick them up out of the contrib directory.).

https://github.com/kerolasa/unbound/compare/systemd?diff=unified&name=systemd

The part where it does systemd sd_listen_fds in
systemd_get_activated().  Does that mean systemd will open the
listening file descriptors?  And unbound.conf will be ignored for
interfaces and port numbers?  Is there more stuff you want to do for
this integration?  How is this packagable, I mean: the code changes,
can unbound detect it was started by systemd and then do the systemd
code in lieu of the normal code?

Best regards, Wouter