[Unbound-users] Unbound Android port

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 10:59:39 UTC 2015

On 31.10.2015 21:32, Marek Sebera via Unbound-users wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'd like to follow up on Android Unbound DNS porting status.
>
> - We have working binaries for ARM platform, statically linked and all..
> - We have Android application, which provides UI to configure and control the Unbound DNS service
>
> !! State of Things report (android screenshots included) can be found here: https://github.com/smarek/android-unbound-dns/issues/6
>
> ! Binaries and Android application can be downloaded here: https://github.com/smarek/android-unbound-dns/releases
>
> I'd like to have your opinion on where should the project go next and if anybody is interested in taking part in development.

Hello,

Fedora project and namely Tomas Hozza <thozza at redhat.com> is working on a
module for Unbound which should help with working around local broken DNS
proxies while still maintaining ability to DNSSEC-validate signed domains &
use local DNS view/split-DNS configuration.

It was targeted to laptops/roaming users so Android sounds like a very good
target, too. The module is not part of upstream Unbound yet, but there was a
plan to submit it one day.

Contact Tomas if you are interested!

Petr^2 Spacek