[Unbound-users] Does unbound work with Cisco WCCP?

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Mon Jun 8 14:02:19 UTC 2015

On 8 Jun 2015, at 8:47, A. Schulze wrote:

> Yuri Voinov:
>
>> anybody knows - Does unbound work with Cisco WCCP?
>
> WCCP - Web Cache Communication Protocol
> why do you think unbound as a DNS resolver should work at that level ?

A group of sibling resolvers might want to exchange information about
the contents of their respective caches. Caches of DNS data and caches
of web content aren't too different, if you're looking from a
sufficiently high altitude. I can't picture how this would work in a
transparent fashion using a WCCP implementation on a router, but it
seems possible that elements of the protocol might be useful between
individual unbound instances.

(I'm not saying that I think does or should implement WCCP; but it does
feel like the kind of crazy thing NLNet Labs /might/ have thought about
:-)

Joe