[Unbound-users] Maximum TTL for negative cache

Tomas Hozza thozza at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 07:43:09 UTC 2015

Hi.

I was trying to find out, if it is possible to limit the maximum TTL for
caching negative answers with unbound. I was able to find
the limit for maximum TTL for any answers (cache-max-ttl) and for
bogus answers (val-bogus-ttl).

Is it really not possible to set negative cache maximum TTL?

In Fedora we plan to use Unbound + dnssec-trigger by default
from Fedora 23. For the beginning we would like to limit the
TTL for negative cache, since there were some concerns raised
on the Fedora devel-list. These were mostly resolved, but
to be safe, we still want to limit the TTL for negative cache.

Thanks!

Regards,
--
Tomas Hozza
Software Engineer - EMEA ENG Developer Experience

PGP: 1D9F3C2D
Red Hat Inc.                 http://cz.redhat.com