[Unbound-users] Antwort: Re: cachcing only server for all types of records

Christoph Kaminski christoph.kaminski at biotronik.com
Wed Jul 1 17:39:11 UTC 2015

> Hi Cristoph,
>
> On 12/06/15 09:04, Christoph Kaminski wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I need a caching only local dns, for ALL type of records
> > (A/AAAA/CNAME/PTR etc). Is this configuration what I need?
>
> Yes it seems to be what you want.  It caches all types of responses
> (it has a fairly small cache, a couple megabyte, the default for rr
> and msg cache sizes), and it sends all upstream queries to a fixed
> list of servers.
>
> Best regards,
>    Wouter

ok thx for your answer... I have one question more. Sometimes I need to
restart unbound in order that it can resolve a new added DNS record. I
think the default cache times are to long for us. It is possible to make
them shorter? The best would be if it only uses the cache if it cant reach
any forwarder. Possible?

Greetz