unbound returns SERVFAIL although forwarder works just fine

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Tue Dec 22 19:31:47 UTC 2015

Hi Paul,

thanks for your time responding. I'll answer inline:

> Did your forwarder perhaps not answer (in time) ?

They did; the answer was instantaneous, and also tcpdump showed the
response to have arrived within milliseconds.

> Maybe try setting cache-max-negative-ttl: to something like 5 seconds ?

It's already at 10s. I also know about u-control flush-negative.

Kind regards,

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"writing a book is like washing an elephant: there no good place to
 begin or end, and it's hard to keep track of what you've already
 covered."
                                                        -- anonymous

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net