[Unbound-users] Random subdomain flood query

Daniel Ryslink daniel.ryslink at dialtelecom.cz
Wed Apr 1 15:51:13 UTC 2015

> And, in my situation, trying to maintain local zones or iptables rules
> is a litteral "whack-a-mole" game,
> you can't humanely do that manually for an extended period of time.
> It's like, these guys have troves of domains to use and abuse...

However, you can maintain local zone list in unbound automatically
fairly easily, we have been doing it for over a year with minimal
necessity of manual intervention. If you wish, have a look at the
attached perl script.

The only other option is to persuade the users of  the compromised
machines to clean their systems.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Ryšlink