[Unbound-users] RCODE metrics patch

Raftery, James jamesraf at amazon.com
Wed Nov 12 16:28:40 UTC 2014

(let me try this a second time, without hitting send before I was ready. apologies for the dupe email)

Hi,

We'd like metric values for RCODEs 0-5 to always be emitted by unbound-conotrl, even when their value is zero. I understand why the "don't print if zero" test is present but RCODEs 0-5 are the minimum we'd like to have all the time. For these I'd rather not have to worry about whether we're in a 'metric absent' or a 'metric is zero' state.

I've attached a patch which only applies the "don't print if zero" test for RCODEs greater than five (REFUSED). Wouter; perhaps you'd consider applying this for the next release?

Thanks,
james
--
James Raftery
Amazon.com Infrastructure DNS

Amazon Data Services Ireland Limited registered office: One Burlington Plaza, Burlington Road, Dublin 4, Ireland. Registered in Ireland. Registration number 390566.