[Unbound-users] Unbound 1.5.1 release (Larry Havemann)

Jarno Huuskonen jarno.huuskonen at uef.fi
Fri Dec 12 18:10:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

> I have 2 servers behind a VIP each receiving about 120k queries per
> second.  One server is running 1.4.22 and is reporting
> "total.recursion.time.avg=1.901364".  The second server I upgraded this
> morning to 1.5.1 and is reporting "total.recursion.time.avg=4.192130".
> Both version were built with the same options(--with-libevent
> --with-pthreads) on the same build host.  Is there a reason the new version
> is about 2 seconds slower than the last stable release?

Is there a big difference between total.recursion.time.median ?
(Or look at the stats histograms).

(I assume that v1.4.22 has much longer uptime(has received more queries)
than v1.5.1 ?
I think that if the v1.5.1 hasn't been up that long then few queries
that take long time to resolve can skew the time.avg).

-Jarno

--
Jarno Huuskonen