[Unbound-users] Is It Correct Unbound Config as Validating DNS Server/Resolver ?

W.C.A. Wijngaards wouter at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon May 27 13:10:12 UTC 2013

Hi Bry8,

You are using a lot of TCP, you should increase the incoming-num-tcp:
and the outgoing-num-tcp: from the default 10 to more.  Because of
windows you may hit a max (try 20), on Linux you can have as much as
you like.  CPU resources, you can use multiple threads (on windows)
for more processing capacity (even if you do not have that many
cores), to be able to make more TCP connections (num-threads:).

Unbound does not use advapi or sechost.dll itself, but uses
openssl.dll for security and crypto functions.

Unbound on windows accesses the registry infrequently.  It checks for
a root anchor action once in a while, and its install directory on
startup.  The registry keys are documented in the windows doc (at the
end) on the unbound web documentation page.