[Unbound-users] cache-min-ttl

Doug Calvert dfc-list at douglasfcalvert.net
Thu Jun 13 19:36:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:27 AM, W.C.A. Wijngaards <wouter at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> On 06/13/2013 04:02 AM, Doug Calvert wrote:
>> Hello, I am confused about the option cache-min-ttl. u-control will
>> not let me set or get the option. I have a value set in my conf
>> file and u-checkconf does not print any errors regarding the
>> option. However u-checkconf will not print the value.
>
> That turns out to be an oversight in the code.  I have remedied this
> (in svn trunk for the next release).  And I have also fixed so that
> when you set min-ttl and max-ttl with unbound-control then it also
> takes effect right away.
>
> Best regards,
>    Wouter

Thank you. Is it incorrect to assume that options changed by u-control
do not take effect right away?

I grabbed all the config options from unbound.conf.html and did a
u-control get_option to see if there were any other options that
behaved funny. Here are the options that produced errors:

cache-min-ttl.result         error unknown option
forward-addr.result          error unknown option
forward-first.result         error unknown option
forward-host.result          error unknown option
local-data-ptr.result        error unknown option
local-data.result            error unknown option
local-zone.result            error unknown option
log-time-ascii.result        error unknown option
name.result                  error unknown option
outgoing-port-avoid.result   error unknown option
outgoing-port-permit.result  error unknown option
python-script.result         error unknown option
stub-addr.result             error unknown option
stub-first.result            error unknown option
stub-host.result             error unknown option
stub-prime.result            error unknown option
val-sig-skew-max.result      error unknown option
val-sig-skew-min.result      error unknown option

If that is useful information for you I am glad to provide it
otherwise ignore it. THe cache-min-ttl option was the only option i
was interested in.  These are just provided in case it can help you
out.