[Unbound-users] Modifying query in C module

Seetharaman Ramasubramani mani at powercloudsystems.com
Tue Jul 2 23:59:59 UTC 2013

Yuri,
   Thanks for your input. Just this week I started implementing the code
changes based on the pointers you sent me earlier.
   I have concluded that the clean way to do proprietary meta data transfer
between client resolver and the unbound proxy is to place in an edns
option.

Thanks
Mani

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:49 AM, Yuri Schaeffer <yuri at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> Hi Many,
>
> > 1. Could you point me to some sample code that does this kind of
> processing?
> > 2. Also, how would caching behave in the above model?
> > 3. On a related note, I assume we can use EDNS for passing such metadata.
>
> Last January we had an extensive e-mail exchange about this. I provided
> you with example code and pointers on how to implement your feature. As
> for both solutions you need to make sure the initial cache lookup is
> circumvented for your 'special' queries to ensure they arrive at your
> module.
>
> Whichever method you choose (I hope not the first) you will have to
> modify the unbound sources to support your proprietary feature. Unbound
> does not parse and export unknown edns options.
>
> Regards,
> Yuri Schaeffer
>
> --
> Composed on an actual keyboard: all typos genuine.

Mani Ramasubramani | VP Engineering and Operations
PowerCloud™ Systems
650-812-4672