[Unbound-users] edns-client-subnet support

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Thu Feb 14 18:52:45 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 02/14/2013 05:07 PM, Yuri Schaeffer wrote:
> Hi Attila,
>
> On 13-02-13 10:40, Attila Nagy wrote:
>> Any news on this?
> Yes. I'm currently implementing said functionality. But it is not
> finished yet. It will try to get the subnet data from (whitelisted)
> servers and also accepts the option on the client side of the
> communication. It should work. However, the cache for the subnet
> information is not yet implemented.
>
> The code is currently under review and testing. Hopefully in a week or
> so I will start with the caching part.

Thanks for the response and your work on this topic.

BTW, I'm (currently) only interested in passing through the client
subnet to the authoritative servers, so I can give back source IP
dependent answers.

I guess it's a function, which needs little modification. Would it be
possible to test this separately (if available)?

Thanks,

ps: currently I'm running a module inside unbound, but it turned out to
be suboptimal.