[Unbound-users] Testing unbound, cache-max-ttl = 0?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 11:28:47 UTC 2013

--On 16 August 2013 11:51 +0200 "W.C.A. Wijngaards" <wouter at nlnetlabs.nl>
wrote:

> Zero the cache size.  There is also the infra cache and key cache.
> msg-cache-size: 0
> rrset-cache-size: 0
>
> Best regards,
>    Wouter

Thanks, that worked.

In the end as we suspected, we found the problem wasn't with unbound - it
was with a number of services we run that only read /etc/resolv.conf at
startup - and hence, didn't see the change from the recursive servers to
127.0.0.1 in resolv.conf (i.e. to use the local instance of Unbound).

Now we've restarted the services - everything works fine, even when one of
the upstream recursive's goes offline.

-Karl