[Unbound-users] Filtering out unbound-generated requests in modules

Alexander Case case.ax at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:15:37 UTC 2012

Hello,

I noticed that client generated requests will come to the module with a
module_event_new first, then a module_event_moddone when the request is
completed.

Unbound generated requests, such as those to the root name servers, will not
arrive at the module with a new event, only moddone.

I'm only interested in processing queries that came from clients so I've had
to create a list that stores queries from incoming new events. This list is
then used to filter moddone events.

Is there a better way of doing this? I'd like to eliminate the extra
processing my current approach requires. Perhaps a flag is set or a data field
is present or not present for client requests?