[Unbound-users] Memory Usage

Jan Komissar (jkomissa) jkomissa at cisco.com
Thu Mar 22 03:08:12 UTC 2012

Hi Paul,

AFAIK, Unbound does not free its cache memory during normal operation.
It just adds to it until the cache(s) reach(es) the specified limit,
then it makes room for more by getting rid of some old cache entries. If
an expired cache entry is found it is just ignored, and replaced when
new data is inserted into the cache.

Hope this helps,

Jan.