[Unbound-users] Cannot resolve the MX for bk.bund.de using unbound

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Thu Dec 13 09:41:20 UTC 2012

> If you do dnssec validation, set the val-log-level: 2 in unbound.conf.
> Then it prints detailed errors about what goes wrong (and reload or
> restart unbound).

Excellent. For the time being I disabled dnssec validation and I get:
# dig @127.0.0.1 -t mx bk.bund.de

; <<>> DiG 9.8.1-P1 <<>> @127.0.0.1 -t mx bk.bund.de
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 5, ADDITIONAL: 8

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;bk.bund.de.INMX

;; ANSWER SECTION:
bk.bund.de. 12583 IN MX 10 mx2.bund.de.
bk.bund.de. 12583 IN MX 10 mx1.bund.de.

> You can get diagnostics out of unbound-control.  With lookup bund.de
> and dump_infra | grep <ip of bund.de nameservers that you saw in lookup>
>
> If it still fails, increase the verbosity level to gain more information.

I'll play around a bit now.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebrandt at charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin