[Unbound-users] Configuring CNAME for nosslsearch.google.com

Tobias Krais tux-spam at design-to-use.de
Tue Apr 17 12:38:26 UTC 2012

Hi together,

I am a newbie to unbound and wasted hours to create my first bind
configuration. The bind users even told me to ask you, because bind
won't be appropriate for my aims. My target is simply creating a
configuration with a CNAME for www.google.com to nosslsearch.google.com.

First: I use Ubuntu Precise Pangolin with unbound 1.4.16. I have a
transparent proxy (Dansguardian + Squid) that I use for just this lonely
copmuter.

My question: how can I manage what google suggests:
"Information for school network administrators about the No-SSL option

To utilize the no SSL option for your network, configure the DNS entry
for www.google.com to be a CNAME for nosslsearch.google.com."
Source:
http://support.google.com/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=186669.

You can find this quite at the end of the document.

Can anyone help me to create a working unbound configuration file?

Greetings,

Tobias