[Unbound-users] Wishlist for unbound-control

Jan-Piet Mens jpmens.dns at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:24:33 UTC 2011

> That was not possible, when I started using unbound. So I went the
> "Makefile-way"

Indeed, and a good method that is. :)

The only reason I started using unbound-control is because that's what
DNSSEC-trigger uses to configure Unbound's forwarders when it detects
a network configuration change, e.g. DHCP.

I then also realized, that I can slip in an insecure resource record
into a running Unbound -- a functionality I use quite frequently, though
mainly for testing purposes.

One missing function (at least for me) is now to be able to quickly add
an insecure zone on the fly while I'm at a customer site, e.g. example.com.

(Just a bit of background)

        -JP