[Unbound-users] Doing queries in python/lua modules

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri May 13 15:26:42 UTC 2011

On Fri, 13 May 2011, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> I'm trying to implement DNS64 in Unbound (the code by Viagenie sort of
> works, but has a few issues and is pretty intrusive)

What are the issues?

I was wondering if I should include the patch in the Fedora/rhel version of
unbound, so any stability issue you see (esp. when not using the nat64 options)
would be very useful to know.

Wouter: will this patch be merged into unbound?

(for those wondering see: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca/download.html)

> and it looks to me
> like a python/lua module would be a good idea to do it. This means that

Wouldn't that be pretty bad for performance?

Paul