[Unbound-users] "Tunnel" dnssec through local forward-zone?

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Jul 25 18:38:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:

> I don't know about his config - but we plan that ttdnsd will ask Tor for
> answers that Tor can answer - those answers are the most safe to use
> over Tor. Then the other queries will go upstream and out to an upstream
> server such as 8.8.8.8 or wherever.

ttdnsd is just a transport relay for dns over tcp with no real knowledge of
DNS(SEC). It would be much better to use a DNSSEC aware nameserver, so avoid
needing to rely on Tor Nodes or directory servers. Not to say the least about
trustig google(!!!) of all places with anonymity.

> As far as I know, no one will ever add the first mode to unbound and the
> second one is untested. That is why people use ttdnsd. If unbounded
> becomes Tor aware, I'd be happy to never use ttdnsd again. :)

I have no idea about what "first" and "second" mode you are talking about.

Paul