[Unbound-users] unbound 1.4.8 release

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Tue Jan 25 22:48:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Tom Hendrikx wrote:

> I use this syntax regularly in my own munin plugins, and see no issues
> or errors with it. Also, most munin packaged plugins contain this syntax
> for documentation, as it is promoted by munin developers.
>
> Could you explain what errors you are seeing, and what implementation of
> /bin/sh you are using? As said, no issues here with /bin/sh provided by
> bash 4 on linux.

This was using bash from EL-5, bash-3.2-24.el5

> The only (minor) issue that I see with the packaged file is that it
> would be nice if default paths to unbound-control et al would be set to
> the paths used in the install, in stead of hardcoding them to a default
> that most unbound users probably do not use.

I no longer have the 200G of logs. The last ones I now see is path related:

/etc/munin/plugins/unbound_munin_hits: line 151: /usr/local/var/munin/plugin-state/unbound-state.lock: No such file or directory

the munin log file would generate like 32MB of this within a few minutes,
hence our logrotate issues within 24h filling up a 200G partition.

I'll retest with the uncommented blob and just the paths fixed.

Paul