[Unbound-users] Freebsd Performance Tuning

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jan 25 16:10:27 UTC 2011

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011, Gareth Hopkins wrote:

> The unbound config is pretty much spot on and ready to go. I'm just
> looking for the OS tweaking bits, so things like, as you mention, max
> sockets and file descriptors, and what would be considered decent
> values.

If you're doing 20k qps you should look into network device polling. See
man 4 polling for details.

Also you may want to increase sysctl net.inet.udp.recvspace.

See also tuning(7) and ifconfig(8).

Tony.
HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO 7,
DECREASING 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 LATER IN HUMBER AND THAMES. MODERATE OR
ROUGH. RAIN THEN FAIR. GOOD.