[Unbound-users] unbound 1.4.6 does not seem to have support of additional sections for NAPTR records

Stephan Lagerholm stephan.lagerholm at secure64.com
Sun Feb 6 16:57:24 UTC 2011

Florian Weimer:
>I'm really not sure if additional section processing is worth the
>complexity.

For a normal Internet DNS, getting the MX as an additional RR it
certainly is worth it to save one query when mails are being sent.

In wireless LTE networks, NAPTR and SRV are being used for node
selection. I don't know the exact implications but I can see why LTE
equipment vendors would like to shave off a few milliseconds by avoiding
sending multiple queries.

/S
Stephan Lagerholm
Senior DNS Architect, M.Sc. ,CISSP