[Unbound-users] RHEL 5 and Unbound

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 22:30:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:29:01 -0400 (EDT)
Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:

>> All your important stuff
>> is already inside the chroot, not outside it.

Assuming there is a bug in unbound (OpenBSD are thinking of adopting it,
so it must be good) meaning that where your important stuff is
matters. Then likely so do all the binaries etc. (if they have not been
removed) that may be used for priviledge elevation. It certainly can't
harm.

>(sometimes outdated)
>binaries or special devices or config files in the chroot.

Will you look after it or leave it to get dusty.

>Is it finding ssl (you did not add --with-ssl). I've seen a lot of
>speed differences with different versions of openssl.

Can you remember which one was slow and which was fast?